The Youth Employment Agency (YEA) intends to invest in the creation of jobs as part of its core mandate under section 2 of the Youth Employment Agency Act, 2015 (ACT 887) to develop, coordinate, supervise and facilitate the creation of job for unemployed youth in Ghana.
The Youth Employment Agency has created modules which it intends to use to train and employ Ghanaian youth who are capable and willing to work. The modules are
1. Youth in Community Improvement Programme
2. Youth in Sanitation And Coastal Sanitation Module
3. Youth in Agriculture And Afforestation Module
4. Youth in Trade And Vocation Module
5. Youth in Information Communication Technology
6. Youth in Community Service And Security Module
7. Community and Health Assistant Module
8. Apparel and Textiles Module
9. Community Teaching Module
10. Industrial Attachment Module
11. Youth in Entrepreneurship Module
12. Out-of-School Adolescents Training Module
SCOPE OF SERVICES OF THE PROJECT
The aim of the project is the provision of technical assistance and support in the creation of jobs for the youth within their localities in relation to the above mentioned modules.
The Youth Employment Agency now invites Expression of interest from eligible firms/organizations to show interest under any of the thematic modules that can create career relevant jobs for the youth. Eligible firms should consider engaging Persons with Disability (PWD’s) in any of the chosen modules.
The Agency targets organization or service providers from the private sector, public agencies, non-Governmental organizations, civil society groups, universities or knowledge based organizations; laboratory or research institutions etc. are eligible.
Please note Organizations/Firms that have pending legal issues with the Agency are not allowed to show any interest. Such firms will be disqualified if submitted.
Interested firms/organizations should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services. The shortlisting criteria are:
• Core business and number of years in business
• Technical and managerial organization of the firm
• Availability of appropriate skills among staff
• Firm experience in similar work
• Familiar with the Ghanaian terrain
Firms will be shortlisted in accordance with procedures set out in the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (ACT 663) of the Republic of Ghana.
Deadline for submission is Monday, August 1, 2016.
Quotes in the subject line of your email should show;
1. The name of the thematic module
2. Title of your proposed project
Only shortlisted firms/consultants will be invited to submit the Technical and Financial proposals.
ADDRESS FOR THE SUBMISSION OF EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
YOUTH EMPLOYMENT AGENCY
RIDGE ROUNDABOUT – ACCRA
OPPOSITE GT BANK & STANBIC BANK.